Terms and Conditions, Betting Rules
These are our terms and conditions and betting rules, these govern the way we do business, how we take and settle bets, and identify what you can expect from Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited.
In these rules the following words have the following meanings unless the context requires otherwise
- We, Us, Our means Elitebet Uganda, Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited, company number 137672, offices at Unit 1 Malkan, Kampala Road, Entebbe.
- We are licensed by the National Gaming Board, Uganda, License Number 19.
- Bet means the staking of money on the prediction of the outcome of a sporting event offered by us. A bet can include one or more predictions. A bet on one outcome is a single. A bet on many different outcomes is a multiple.
- Odds or Price means the return on the money staked should the prediction recorded in a Bet be correct. A winning price of 2 would return double to the stake to the customer. Example: if the customer stakes 1000 UShs at the price of 2, and wins, the customer receives 2000. The prices paid are those at the time the bet is placed.
- Customer means anyone placing a bet with Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited
- User means anyone using this website
- VOID means that for one reason or another the bet is not acceptable to Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited. In these cases this bet, or selection within a bet (if it is an accumulator), is settled at the price of 1. In the case of a single bet this would mean the stake is returned to the customer.
2. Identity of Customers
Your mobile phone number is your identity. The identity of customers is determined by mobile phone number, and all phone numbers used must be registered and confirmed with the relevant mobile phone carrier. We use mobile phone numbers to uniquely identify customers and their account details. We also use phone numbers to look up customer details with the mobile phone companies. All transactions from a phone number are the responsibility of the registered user and we encourage all users to keep their mobile phone PINs secure and secret.
Customers are allowed one phone number registered per mobile phone company. If multiple accounts are discovered in use they will be merged into one account and the remaining accounts deleted.
On occasion, such as for large winning amounts, we need to confirm a higher level of customer verification, for this we must also confirm customers are the genuine owner of the payment method used to make their deposits. To make this process as simple as possible for our customers, we will perform checks with the phone companies to confirm your age, identity and address. Unfortunately, these checks are not perfect and we cannot validate 100% of our customers electronically. When we cannot verify customer accounts electronically, we may request documentation to validate your age, identity and address, such as your passport, driving license or national ID card, as well as sight of utility bills or bank statements.
Account facilities are provided to you solely to enable you to place bets. If you, for whatever reason, appear to be depositing or withdrawing money without genuine play, you will be liable to have your account closed and/or investigated.
We cannot do account transactions for accounts which are not identical to the phone number. This means that you cannot, for example, ask to be paid out on a different number other than the number you have placed a bet with; also you cannot send money to us and request that this is placed in a different account.
3. Age Restricted
The Law prohibits under 25 year olds from betting. We may at any time ask you to confirm your age. You indemnify us of any damages if you deceive us or misprepresent your age. Underage clients will have their accounts closed immediately and any balances forfeit. We may also suspend ANY account for any reason and ask you to come with ID to one of our offices or agents to prove age, and identity. Individuals suspecting underage gambling are encouraged to report this to us immediately on our customer service number or via email to email@example.com.
4. Account Security
Customers are the registered user of their mobile number. Customers are responsible for the security of their phone numbers and their mobile money accounts. We strongly recommend that customers do not disclose their PINs or any other security sensitive information to any other person. In the event that an unauthorised person uses a customer's phone for betting or money transactions to us, the registered user remains responsible.
We may also ask you to identify yourself and collect your winnings at one of our premises if we so require.
5. Customer Privacy
Customers will incur charges when using SMS services. We keep these as low as possible, currently they are UShs 100 for each SMS you send to us on Airtel Network and 100 on MTN. You are not charged for messages we send to you. Due to deductions from phone companies and payment charges you will be charged a 4% levy on all deposits, which will be exchanged for an equal amount of credit within the platform.
Accounts that have not had a valid betting transaction for 6 or more months will be deemed dormant. A dormant account charge is required to compensate us for the costs of maintaining an account. Dormant accounts will accrue a dormant account charge of 3,000 UShs per month from the seventh month onwards it remains dormant. Accounts will not accrue a negative balance. Once the balance is zero, the account will be closed.
7. Acceptance and Validation of Bets
All football bets will be settled on their scheduled playing time, normally 90 minutes (also referred to as Full-time and normal time). This denotes the period of play which includes time added by the Referee for injuries and other stoppages. This does not include extra time whether scheduled or not, or Penalty shoot-outs, if played.
In matches where penalty shoot outs or extra time are due to take place, all bets are settled on 90 minutes unless an Outright price is specifically requested and confirmed at the time the bet is placed. Top Goalscorer and Total Goals in tournament bets are settled using normal playing time and extra time (if included), but not penalty shoot-outs.
For matches played at neutral venues, the team listed on the left are still classed as the 'home' team for settlement purposes.
A club team playing a European competition is classed as playing at home if the fixture is moved from the team's usual ground to another ground within their national boundaries, e.g. when Arsenal played their Champions League home ties at Wembley.
If a match is no longer played at the venue advertised, bets will stand as long as the venue remains in the same country and is not switched to the opponent's ground. Should this occur, all bets will be void.
Where Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited have not quoted prices on a match, any single bet on that match will be void and treated as a non-runner in multiple bets.
If any team starts a 90 minute competitive game with less than 11 players, all bets on that match will be made void.
Bets can only be placed on the outcome of a future event, unless we are offering special 'betting in-running prices' for that event. If Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited mistakenly accepts a bet for an event that has already started then the bet will be void and your stake returned, except in the following circumstances:
- Where bets are taken after the start of an event, bets will stand if nothing has happened which would significantly alter the chances of the selection winning or losing.
- In the case of football matches, at our discretion, bets will be valid if they are placed within one minute of kick-off, providing there has been no score in the match or no player has been sent off. If a player has been sent off or there has been a goal, or a penalty has been awarded but not yet taken, then the bet will be void and the stake returned, regardless of whether or not acceptance of the bet has been communicated to the customer.
All bets placed after the result of an event is known will be void win or lose.
Bets placed on this website exist when bet reference number exists in our back end systems or database. Based placed very close to kick off may be voided if we have concerns about the volume of bets placed on particular outcomes. We may refuse to take bets placed if they are deemed wrong or mistaken.
8. Cancellation of Bets
You may cancel bets and have the stake money returned to your Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited account providing the following conditions are met:
- None of the selections have already kicked off
- None of the prices on any of the selections have changed
- You make the request within ONE hour of the bet being accepted
To cancel a bet you follow the instructions online.
We may cancel bets, or individual selections within bets, at any time and in that event, will return the stake to you.
9. Account Corrections
Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited has the right to recover from you any amount overpaid and has your authority to adjust your account to reflect the true outcome and rectify the mistake. An example of such a mistake might be where a price is incorrect (see Errors) a bet is late (see Acceptance and Validation of Bets) or where we enter a result of an event incorrectly.
10. Ante Post Bets
Ante Post bets are accepted on the basis of 'all in', whether the selection participates or not. This means that if the selection does not run or participate in the race/event named, the bet is a loser. This applies even if the selection was not entered in the competition, as long as there was the possibility that it could have been entered at a later stage. If a bet is placed on an Ante Post selection before the entries have closed, the bet will stand. The selection will only become void if:
- The event is abandoned or declared void
- The venue changes
Where the above conditions apply to a selection in an Ante Post multiple bet, the selection in question will be treated as a non-runner and the bet settled at the Ante Post odds laid on the remaining selections. If a bet on an Ante Post selection was placed after the entries closed, it will become void.
11. Dead Heat Rules
Dead heats are possible in a number of bets and are where there are two winners declared for a particular bet. Examples of this include the number of goals scored by a particular player during a particular competition: it is possible for two or more players to both get the most number of goals. For betting purposes, this is a dead heat. In these circumstances the following rule applies. If two selections dead-heat for any placing, half the stake is applied to the selection at full betting odds and the other half of the stake is lost. If three selections dead-heat, a third of the stake is paid at full betting odds and two thirds of the stake are lost. For example, if you have 1000 shillings at a price of 10 on a selection which dead-heats against one other selection, you will be paid 500 x 10 = 5000. If you have 1000 shillings on a selection which three way dead-heats you will be paid 333 x 10 = 3333.
If you wish to make a query or complaint, as a first step you should as soon as reasonably practicable contact our Customer Services Team for assistance. If, having spoken to a member of the team, your query or complaint is not resolved, you can ask for the matter to be escalated to the Directors. This complaint should be in writing and addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Directors. The Directors will investigate and contact you back with a resolution within 48 hours. You will be given the name and status of the people to whom your query/complaint has been referred. If you remain dissatisfied we may agree with you to refer the matter to an indpendent third body for arbitration.
If, notwithstanding the above, the customer issues Court proceedings, Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited reserve the right to apply to stay those proceedings pending determination by an independent body. If the customer fails or refuses to follow the ruling of the an agreed independent body, the customer will reimburse all resulting expenses (including court fees) incurred by Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited. If a customer issues legal proceedings their account balance will be returned to them and their account closed. All disputes are governed by the law and courts of Uganda.
If a customer makes threat of violence against any staff member their betting account will be closed and the matter referred to the police.
Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited make every effort to ensure that we do not make errors in accepting bets. However, if as a result of human error or system problems a bet is accepted at a price (which includes the odds, handicap provisions, and other terms and conditions or details of the bet) that is:
- materially different from those available in the general market at the time the bet was made; or
- clearly incorrect given the chance of the event occurring at the time the bet was made
then Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited will void all bets on that match.
To establish the correct price Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited will consider prices available in the general market at the time the bet was made, including the prices offered by other bookmakers operating in the same market.
Examples of circumstances where this would apply are:
- the price is recorded as 100-1 when the price on offer in the general market is 10-1
- the margins for handicap betting have been reversed
If a bet is accepted in error by Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited on an event or outcome for which no Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited prices are available the bet will be void and your stake returned.
A bet accepted on this website or via sms does not constitute a legally binding contract between the customer and us. The prices we offer on all outcomes on display on this website take the form of an advertisement rather than a contractual term. If we offer mistaken prices, then we are entitled to decline any bet placed at those prices at any time. In such instances we will void the bet and return the stake money.
Any results or scores displayed on the site – for example during betting in play – are for guidance purposes only.
Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited will seek criminal and contractual sanctions against any customer involved in fraud, dishonesty or criminal acts. Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited will withhold payment to any customer where any of these are suspected.
The customer shall indemnify and shall be liable to pay to Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited, on demand, all costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit and loss of reputation) arising directly or indirectly from the customer’s fraud, dishonesty or criminal act.
15. Price Changes
All prices are subject to change and may, on occasion, be restricted to certain stake levels. The prices offered via our different business channels may vary.
In the case of Football and other Sports, bets are settled on the official result published by the Press Association (PA), immediately after the match/event is finished. If the PA amends its decision after this period, all bets will stand on their original result.
If a selection in a single bet is made void the stake will be returned.
Void selections in multiple/accumulator bets will be treated as non-runners and the stake will run onto the remaining selections in the bet.
18. Witholding payment and our right to set off liability
We reserve the right to withhold payment and to declare bets on an event void if we have evidence that the following has occurred:
- the integrity of the event has been called into question
- the price(s) or pool has been manipulated
- match rigging has taken place
Evidence of the above may be based on the size, volume or pattern of bets placed with us across any or all of our betting channels. A decision given by the relevant governing body of the sport in question (if any) will be conclusive. If any customer owes any money to Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited for any reason, we have the right to take that into account before making any payments to that customer.
19. Normal Playing Time
What is meant by Normal Playing Time, Full Time and Normal Time?
Normal playing time is the time that a football match is scheduled to play for PLUS any time added by the referee for stoppages or injury. Most football matches are played over a 90 minute period, and this period can be called '90-minutes', 'Full Time' or 'Normal Time'. All football bets, unless specifically stating they are for Outright, To Qualify, Extra Time or Penalties markets, will be settled on the result after Normal Time. Sometimes the scheduled playing time is more or less than 90 minutes, but this is still considered Normal Playing Time.
During the game, the referee may stop the game for short periods for substitutions, if a player gets injured, or to settle a decision and at the end of each period of play the referee adds however many minutes he feels is required to account for any of these stoppages. This additional time is called "Injury time", or stoppage time.
Example A good example of a match with a lot of injury time is the Manchester derby from early in 09/10 season:
The score at 90 minutes was 3-3, the referee added six minutes injury time and Michael Owen scored the winner in the 96th minute. For betting purposes this match is settled as a Man United win (not a draw) and Michael Owen would be settled as the Last Goalscorer.
Full Time and Normal Time are terms for the full scheduled play period, plus any 'Injury Time' that the referee chooses to add. Full Time and Normal Time DO NOT include Extra Time.
20. Abandoned Matches
An abandoned match is deemed to be where a match is halted before the completion of the allotted match time and not played out to conclusion on the same day.
A match that is interrupted (e.g. inclement weather), but then plays to a conclusion on the same day will not count as an abandonment and bets will be settled on the outcome at the end of the match.
In the case of an abandonment, any subsequent replays/completions, award of the match result by governing bodies or pools panel decisions will not count toward settlement.
If a match is abandoned after it has commenced, all bets on that match will be made void except where settlement has already been determined. For example, if the match is abandoned at half time the half time results still stand.
If any team starts a 90 minute competitive game with less than 11 players, all bets on that match will be made void.
A postponement is deemed to be where a match does not commence on the same day it is scheduled to do so and is not rescheduled within 12 hours to within 25 hours of the original time.
In the instance of a postponed match, all bets placed on that match will be void. A postponed match can occur for a variety of reasons including weather and pitch conditions, security, power failures and crowd trouble.
As soon as we become aware of a postponed fixture, bets on that match will be made void. In such circumstances where (a) void match(es) is/are included in an accumulator the bet will be settled on the remaining selections. In the case of Kyakabi! if the Kyakabi! has two or less remaining winning selections, it will be refunded. If one or more of the remaining selections has lost, then the Kyakabi has been lost.
22. Members of Sports Governing Bodies
It is a condition of our acceptance of bets from you that, and by offering to place a bet with us, you represent that:
- You are not prohibited from entering into the bet by any term of your contract of employment or other professional contract or any rule of a Sports Governing Body, which applies to you.
- You are not aware of any circumstance which would make the placing of the bet a breach of a rule on betting applied by a Sports Governing Body.
- Where the bet is placed on the outcome of a race, competition or other event or process or on the likelihood of anything occurring you do not know the outcome of the event or have not been involved in events which adversely affect the potential outcome.
- In the event of any such representation by you proving to be false your stake will be forfeited and we shall not be obliged to pay any winnings which might otherwise have been payable in respect of the bet.
23. Settling Bets
All bets unless otherwise stated are settled on the basis of normal playing time.
Win-Draw-Win / Match Result
Bets are settled on who has won the match at the end of normal playing time.
Bets are settled on the result of the match at the end of the first half (normally at the end of 45 minutes, including injury time). Bets will be void if the match is abandoned.
Bets are settled on the following possible outcomes in a specified football match - e.g. Celtic versus Rangers would appear as:
- Home/Draw - Celtic to win/Match to end in a draw
- Away/Draw - Rangers to win/Match to end in a draw
- Home/Away - Celtic to win/Rangers to win
Asian (Draw No Bet)
Bets are settled on which team wins the match during normal playing time. If the match ends in a draw, the bet is voided.
Bets are settled on the total number of goals to be scored during normal playing time.
Bets are settled on whether there will be more or less total goals scored in a particular match than the number stated. The line is either a single line (e.g. 2.5) or split line (e.g. 2 / 2.5) Bets can be placed either Over or Under the goal-line.
Half-time/Full-time (Double result forecast betting)
Half-time/Full-time (Double result forecast) betting is available on most matches where Home/Away/Draw prices are quoted. Bets are settled based on the result of the match at both half-time and full-time (i.e. normally at the end of 45 minutes and 90 minutes, including injury time). Bets will be void if the match is abandoned prior to the completion of 90 minutes play.
Handicap bets are settled on the basis that one of the teams is given a goal(s) start. Bets are settled by adding (or subtracting) the goal start to the normal playing time result.
Total goals odd or even
Bets are settled on whether the total number of goals scored within normal playing time will be an odd or an even number. Extra-time and penalties do not count. If the total number of goals in a game is zero (i.e. the final score is 0 - 0) then "Even" is considered the winning selection.
Score - No Score
Bets are settled on the basis of either team scoring. Outcomes are the home team scoring or not or the away team scoring or not.
24. Jackpot Bet Rules
When offered, the following rules apply to the Jackpot bet
- The jackpot amount is determined by Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited and increments weekly if it is not won that week.
- All predictions have to be correct to win the jackpot.
- The jackpot will be split equally between all winners, and will attract withholding tax
- The number of predictions required to win the jackpot is determined by Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited and can be altered in advance of any jackpot.
- The jackpot can be played online or via SMS. Jackpot entries via SMS should start with JP and then include the predictions for the matches thus, 1 is a home win, 2 is an away win, 0 (zero) is a draw. Thus a typical entry via SMS will be JP112002112012. Any additional digits will be ignored and entry based on the first 12 digits only. SMS jackpot entries are entered in the same order as displayed online. E.g. in the above entry the first entry 1 refers to the first match (home win), the second entry 1 for the second match (home win), and the third entry 2 (away win) is for the third match, and so on.
- If any match in the Jackpot is postponed, does not play on the day advertised on site, or is abandoned before full time, the result of the match concerned will be determined by a random draw supervised by Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited staff and made by a member of the public.
- Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited reserves the right to pay the jackpot by bank transfer or cheque.
- Jackpot players agree to their photographs, images and names to be used in company promotional material.
- The Jackpot bet has no maximum payout limit
25. ELIT3 Rules
When offered, the following rules apply to the ELIT3 bet
- Customers win double their stake on correctly predicting 2 out of 3 of their entries, and 200 times their stake for correctly predicting all three numbers in the right order. Predicting three numbers correctly but in the wrong order is the same as a 2 out of 3 win and gets double the stake returned. There are no prizes for one or none correct.
- Winning numbers are selected randomly using a random number generator.
- Entries must be three numbers only and are only valid for the next draw.
- The Elit3 bet has no maximum payout limit
26. Prices subject to fluctuation
All prices are subject to fluctuation up to the kick-off. All football bets will be settled using Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited online prices at the time the bet is placed.
27. Related contingencies in one match
Where we offer various betting opportunities from the same match (e.g. correct score, first player to score etc) these cannot be combined in accumulative bets where the outcome is related (except where special fixed prices are available). If a bet of this type has been accepted in error, only the first selection placed in the bet will be paid, and the remaining selections on the same match will be made void.
In the case of football and other sports, bets are settled on the official result published by score providers in the first instance, and the Press Association in the final. If the PA amends their decision, all bets will stand on their original result. If the result is not immediately available from the PA, the result published by the official governing body immediately the match/event is finished will be used for settling purposes. Any subsequent corrections or amendments to this result will not apply for settlement purposes. Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited will settle all bets rapidly but because of time differences, for some events, bets may be settled overnight or with some delay. If no result is available from any reliable source for a match within 24 hours, it will be made void.
29. Maximum Payouts
Unless otherwise authorised with Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited the maximum payout of any winning bet shall be 1,000 times the stake or 25 Million UShs, whichever is the lower.
Customers are subject to taxation on their stakes and winnings as per the Law.
By using this website, all users placing a bet using this service appoint Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited as their tax agent with regard to any taxes incurred while using this site including but not limited to witholding tax or any refunds thereof.
31. Customer Privacy
If we wish to use pictures or other publicity material relating to customers winnings with Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited (apart from competitions on Facebook), we will seek specific permission first. We will not share your details with any other company except in order to fulfil our operational requirements or otherwise required by law. Customers may also decline all SMS communication from us by using their Account Preferences options.
32. Account Closure
We reserve the right to close any customer account or refuse to take bets from any customer. In this event of account closure, the full value of any customer funds will be returned as soon as practicable.
Last Updated 11 June 2020.